Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Homemade Snow Globes

It's Christmas time again!  Once October arrives, I'm in Christmas mode.  It's my favorite holiday.

I found all of the items that I needed to make homemade snow globes.  I use artichoke jars (lacquer thinner removes the expiration date from the jar), Christmas cards, ribbon for the tie to hang and around the edges of the lid, a hot glue gun, Epsom salt for the snow, a scalloped scissor, a drill and bit and items to use inside the jar.  I spent this afternoon making them since it was raining outside and the technician was finally here to install satellite internet.  (I can finally post!)

I like how they came out.  They will be cute on a present.

No comments:

Post a Comment