Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Shh... The Garden is Sleeping

The kids and I put the raised beds vegetable garden to bed today.  The weather was beautiful; perfect for closing the garden.  We picked the rest of the tomatoes and put in new soil for next year.  I already miss the fresh tomatoes right off of the vine.  We did find 1 yellow one.  The rest are green, but will ripen in the house.  (We even managed to mow the lawn.)

I rearranged some of the outdoor ornaments and cut down weeds and vines.  My back hurts but, it is a good hurt.  If you know what I mean.

I have been finalizing the presenters for Gardenfest on April 5, 2014 at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake.  It has been extremely busy and time consuming, but the end is in sight.  Once the brochures are done, I don't have much to do until January.

Tomorrow, the Sparrows Nest in Cary opens with their Christmas shop.  I start back to subbing and will try to go in the afternoon.  I love all things Christmas and don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment