Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, May 26, 2014

Beautiful Weather for Treasure Hunting

The past 2 days we have had the most wonderful weather.  It was a perfect day for my garage sale on Saturday.  It was slow at times, but I was reading the newest issue of Better Homes and Gardens Magazine in between waiting for customers to show up.  It was so nice to just sit outside and read.  I sold a lot and was happy with the money that I made.  Quite a few of my friends stopped by to shop and chat.  Afterwards, we went to the Goodwill in Crystal Lake and dropped off everything that didn't sell.    It is such a nice feeling when the house is cleaned out and everything is back to being organized.

Sunday was another wonderful day.  The temperature was perfect for the Cedarburg flea market.  It was so crowded, which was to be expected for the opening one.  Parking was hard to come by, but we parked in the field and walked a long way.  It was worth it.  We stopped in first to see Mary.  She and her husband sell vintage toys in the barn near the entrance.  As always, we found quite a few treasures.  We have a few other favorites that we visited and everyone in between.  It was hard at times to get around, but we managed.  It was such a fun day!  We spent time in the downtown area afterwards walking some more and eating ice cream.  Cedarburg is such a nice place to visit.  I always look forward to spending time there.

Bethany Church on Crystal Lake Avenue in Crystal Lake is having a rummage sale on Friday May 30 at 9am.

Happy Treasure Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment