Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Vintage Pottery Planters

Today was the rummage sale at the Tree of Life church in McHenry on Bull Valley Road.  This was the first one at that location so I was hoping that there would be lots of treasures.  I wasn't disappointed.  They let us in 1/2 hour early which is rare at rummage sales. 

Since I had never been inside before, I started moving with the flow and found a table full of vintage pottery planters.  I love vintage planters.  I do have a collection started, mostly of female figures, but I have animal ones in the laundry room.  I found quite a few of both and even a pocket hanging one.  They were priced from 50 cents to $2.  My friend Sue found 2 new handbag handles for me that were 20 cents each.  I must have bought all of the note cards there since full boxes were 10-20 cents each.  I'll be giving some of them to my mom to use.  She won't need to go to a card store for a long time.

I also found a wire basket for 20 cents and some comic books for the boys.  I went back to look for a second time after I made a trip to my car.  I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.  They really had lots of treasures.  It was one of the most fun rummage sales I have been to in a while. 

Tomorrow is the church rummage sale on Walkup in Crystal Lake.  It starts at 8am.  There are a few estate sales listed in the paper and the McHenry Shores neighborhood garage sale is this Saturday.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful so get out and treasure hunt!  It is also free comic book Saturday.  The first Saturday in May is designated for that every year.  Al and Anns in McHenry participates and even gives out free snacks and drinks.  It's lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment