Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

What a beautiful day it was to celebrate a beautiful day for Mother's everywhere.  To my wonderful mom who gives everything that she is to me everyday.  I am truly blessed that God gave me a person as special as she is. 

It was a beautiful day to spend it at Lake Geneva Wisconsin.  We started out at Northwind Perennial in Burlington Wisconsin (minutes from Lake Geneva).  I love this nursery where Roy Diblik does his magic.  I bought some plants/herbs and we just walked the gardens.  I took some pictures of the flea market garden ideas that are placed around the nursery.  I'm going to use some of them for my flea market garden talk that I'm doing at Gardenfest next year.  How wonderful it was to be outside with great weather. 

Afterwards, we walked around Lake Geneva, got ice cream at Kilwin's (sampled the fudge), walked around some more and had dinner at Champs.  It was a really nice way to spend the day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment