Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Treasure Hunting with Austin

Austin and I spent the past 2 days treasure hunting at garage sales and rummage sales.  It was a lot of fun.  We will be doing this a lot in the summer.

He negotiated really well at a garage sale when he saw 2 video games that he wanted.  He didn't want to pay the price and really knew how to negotiate to get the price that he wanted.  I was really impressed.  I found lots of doilies and vintage handkerchief at really good prices.  I found a really different tray that had butterflies on it at a garage sale in Crystal Lake.  It's really great.  We stopped at an unadvertised garage sale in Woodstock and found a few pieces of vintage costume jewelry.  I love when I find costume jewelry.  It really made my day.

There is a rummage sale in Lake Villa on June 5 at the intersection of Routes 83 and 132 at 8am at the Prince of Peace school.  The church in Ridgefield will have their rummage sale starting at 8am on June 13.  The Mukwonago flea market in Wisconsin is on June 7-8.   The antique fair at Northwind Perennial Farm in Burlington Wisconsin is on June 13th and 14th.  The Belvidere Night flea market in Belvidere Illinois starts at 4pm on June 21st.  The Garden Walk in Woodstock is also on June 21st starting at 11am.  Tickets can be bought the day of on the Square. 

With all of these events, you are sure to find some treasures.  Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment