Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sunny Days Treasure Hunting

It's been a fun filled few days of treasure hunting.  In between going on an 8th grade field trip to Chicago and trying to car pool kids to school, I managed to treasure hunt at a rummage sale, estate sales and garage sales.  Ridgefield, home of antiques, had a garden event this weekend also so I stopped in there.  I found a few really nice treasures these past few days, but the best was a milk glass punch bowl with its stand and 12 cups for $5.  Even though I have one like it, I couldn't pass it up.  It is much too beautiful and I'm sure I'll find a place for it. 

I made an outdoor pillow using the pink floral fabric that I bought at an estate sale recently.  It's like a burlap and was really hard to work with.  But, since I was making it plain without any trim, it came out nicely.  The pillow is waterproof so it's perfect for outdoor use. 

Grace Lutheran Church in Woodstock will be having their rummage sale on Thursday May 15 starting at 3pm and on May 16-17.  The Lutheran Church in McHenry is also on that day starting at 9am.  Elkhorn Flea Market in Elkhorn WI is on Sunday May 18 and Cedarburg WI on Sunday May 25.  I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment