Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, May 23, 2014

Memorial Weekend Sales

There aren't a lot of advertised sales for this weekend, but the ones that I went to were really good.  I stopped at a few when I saw the signs along the road and they turned out to be the better ones.  Sometimes the unadvertised ones are the best.

I found some vintage kitchen tablecloths, pottery pieces, an old bicycle basket, and the best treasure of all, an aluminum flower by Bruce Fox.  It is a true treasure.  What a find!  I don't come across them much anymore.  I was so excited when I turned it over and saw the signature.  It looks like Bruce Cox, but it is Bruce Fox.  It is sooooo beautiful.  Most of the items I found these last past few days were so inexpensive.  I had a great time.  I also stopped at the Countryside Garden Club plant sale in Crystal Lake.  Plants were mostly $3 each.  That was a good deal and they had a great selection.  I already planted them.  I didn't want to have to worry about them tomorrow when I'm having the garage sale.

The signs are up and the streamer is hanging across the driveway welcoming all treasure hunters.  The day is supposed to be wonderful and I'm hopeful that I'll be extremely busy.  There were lots of treasure hunters out today.  I'll be out bright and early setting the treasures in the driveway.  Remember to always be ready at least 1 hour ahead of your advertised time for the early birds that stop by.  You don't want to miss any sale.  I'll be ready.

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment