Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Few Sales Today

I went to the Church rummage sale in Ringwood and Johnsburg today.  Both didn't have much at all.  The one in Ringwood appologized for not having that much this year.  I did get a stack of fabric there though for $1.  Now that I finished Austin's quilt, I need to start on a new project.  At the Mount Hope Rummage sale, I picked up a James train for 25 cents for my Aunt's grandchild.  Can't beat that price!

I stopped at a neighborhood garage sale in McHenry, but didn't find anything.  Maxine's was having a warehouse sale and I found 2 vintage figure planters for $2 each.  One was a rabbit and one was a women.  Both are for my collection.  I also found a doily for $1.  On to a garage sale in Crystal Lake, but I didn't find anything.  At a garage/estate sale in Woodstock, I found 2 Coro chunky bracelets for 50 cents each.  Love them! and the price.

Tomorrow I may stop at the Stratford Banquet hall in Harvard for an indoor garage sale.  I have never been to one there before.

Austin's quilt looks great on his bed.  I am so proud that I finished it in about 1 month.  It looks really nice in his room.  I hope he thinks so too. I made the quilt with fabric that I found at garage sales.  I didn't pay a lot for the fabric.  You can always find nice fabric at the sales.  Like I did today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment