Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Garage Saleing

I saw a garage sale on Main Street in Cary on the way to taking the kids to their Saturday Pokemon league.  So, I dropped them off, and off I went.  They had a lot of vintage/antique items, but the prices were pretty high.  I found Christmas fabric for $2, a blue flower, made in Japan, pedestal plate for $2 and a cute boy/girl on a seasaw for the garden for $1.  Then, I went to the Sparrows Nest and found a cute straw bag with seashells on it for $2.  2 of the shells had fallen off, but since I have a huge collection of shells, I was able to find 2 and hot glued them on.  It looks really nice.  The bag will be cute to carry books or stuff around when the summer hits. 

I placed the cute boy/girl on a seasaw in a planter in my driveway.  Really cute!

I'm looking forward to 2 rummage sales coming up.  Thursday April 12 is at the Zion Lutheran Church in McHenry at 8am and the other is at the 1st Methodist Church in Crystal Lake on April 19 at 5pm.  More should be coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment