Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pottery Finds

I found alot of pottery yesterday in my travels.  It must have been a clean out day for people getting rid of pottery.  I dropped off a bag of clothes at Savers in Crystal Lake and received a $3 off coupon towards a purchase of $10 or more.  You can't use it though with other discounts and since Monday's are 25% off days, I couldn't use it.  I went inside to look around and found alot of stuff.  I found a McCoy green planter for $2.24, a Hull lady planter for $1.49, a duck planter for $5.24, another green planter for $1.49, a yellow crocheted doily for 49 cents, some Pokemon items for $2.24, a small vase made in Japan for $1.49 and 2 vintage pins for $3.74 and $4.49.  All really great buys.  I put the Hull lady planter in "my" room with my other lady planters.  I put the other planters around the house with my other collections.

Later in the day I stopped at the Goodwill in McHenry and found a vintage Frankoma duck planter for $2.99 and a bag of vintage marbles for 99 cents.  I put the duck planter up for auction on Ebay today.  I found some vintage linens and an apron at the Sparrows Nest in McHenry for 75 cents to $1 each.  They need to be soaked in Oxyclean, but the stains are minimal and should come out. 

Now that I have cleaned out the house by doing the garage sale a few days ago and donating all of the items that didn't sell, I'm gearing up for the summer sale season.  It will be fun looking for new items to keep, new collections to begin and items to sell on Ebay.  I'm getting excited for the season to kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment