Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Music Boxes

I stopped in at Interiors Anew on the Woodstock Square.  It's always nice going in there.  You never know what treasure awaits.  With Christmas being only a few days away, I was hoping to find some charming holiday item. 

As soon as I walked in, I spotted a small table with wind up music boxes (only the shell of the music boxes).  Each one played a Christmas song.  I bought the three that played "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" for $3 each.  I will keep one and put the other two into Ethan and Austin's Christmas stockings.  They still had music boxes that played "Deck the Halls."

I think that they are wonderful now; just the way that they are.  I'm not going to put them into anything.  I remembered that I had found a frame with vintage looking sheet music with "The 12 Days of Christmas" on it.  So, I grouped them together with some gold glass pieces that I had.  It had just the right effect that I was hoping for.   A little touch of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment