Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy Happy New Year!

I can't believe that 2013 is almost here.  This year has gone by so quickly. 

I bought Charizard Pokemon fabric this summer at a garage sale for $4.  (Pokemon material is hard to find.)  Anyway, the boys wanted me to make them a quilt.  I do love to quilt so I was up for the challenge.  I used fabric that was bought at garage sales since I have a large amount of great fabric.  I made a simple quilt so that the Charizard figures would stand out.  I hand sewed POKEMON on one edge and then hand sewed 2 letters per side (sort of) to make the word POKEMON.  It came out really neat.  I wanted it to be done before the new year and it is! 

I have soooooo many other projects that I want to start, but this was an important one for me.  I didn't want to have too many unfinished projects laying around.  I finished a knitted scarf the other day and when I washed it to felt it, it didn't come out the way I wanted it to.  So, it's back to the beginning again.  I will use the scarf for pieces on other projects.  That happens sometimes when you felt.  Things don't always wash the way you want it to.

Wishing everyone a very happy healthy New Year with lots of paths to junkentreasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment