Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A New Place to Treasure Hunt

While the boys were at a Pokemon tournament, Caldwell and I went to treasure hunt at an outdoor flea market in the parking lot of Odana Antiques in Madison WI at 6201 Odana Rd.  It was the coldest Sunday ever.  While shivering, (of course I wore my sandals) I found a great green vintage vase for $1.  Couldn't pass that up.  Inside the antique mall, I found another NJ hankie.  This one was even nicer than the one I found at the Elkhorn Flea Market and more money.  I did buy it and now that I have two of them, I will be choosier when I find one again.  We went next door to a thrift store and were amazed at how expensive they were.  I did find a vintage shell planter for $3.50, but had to leave without the other items that I liked because of the prices. 

Saturday and Sunday is the opening of the Mukwonago WI flea market.  On Friday is the St. John's church rummage sale on Route 47 North in Woodstock.  Friday thru Sunday is a garden show at the Klehm Arboretum in Rockford.   It is $8 per person and it is a really nice sale.  The plant prices are usually very good.  I hope the weather holds out for these events and for all of the neighborhood garage sales that are starting tomorrow. 

Northwind Perennial Farm and Nursery in Burlington WI is having their antique show and sale on June 21-22.  I haven't been to this before, but I will try to get there this year hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment