Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rearranging My Treasures

The weather has been terrible at times the past few days.  The rain has been so heavy that I didn't want to go outside.  So, what better time to look around my house and rearrange my treasures.  I've also been cleaning out my collections and pricing them for a sale in August.  To make room, I'm only keeping one of each item.  It looks much better now.  Everything feels like new in different areas of the house.

These pictures are of my dining room and my ever growing milk glass collection.  All of the items are from garage sales, auctions, flea markets, etc.  The large painting fits the wall so nicely and was only a $5 garage sale find years ago.  I love how it looks in the room.  I love the idea that you can decorate a whole room for not a lot of money.  I love being able to do that.  I like the history behind each item that I buy.  It means so much to me.  So many times when I buy an item, the person selling it tells me that they are happy that it is going to a good home and that it will be appreciated.   

No comments:

Post a Comment