Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Is Summer Finally Here?

Finally, today was hot and sunny.  I was so happy after soooooo many days of rain.  (I know.  More rain is expected this week.)  I'll take what we had today.  It was a glorious day to spend in Lake Geneva.  Since we couldn't spend the day on Friday in Lake Geneva, because of the rain, we decided to do it today.  Austin and I spent the morning walking around town and down by the lake, eating ice cream from Kilwin's at 11am and having a bite to eat at the bagel store on the main drag.  It was fun and breezy and slightly cool until 1pm.  We left just as the weather started to get too hot and the town became too crowded.  What a wonderful way to spend the best part of the day.

On the way home, we drive through Hebron and haven't stopped at the antique stores in town for years.  I figured why not today?  We were out enjoying ourselves.  So, we stopped at Grampy's Antique Store at Routes 47 and 173.  They have 3 floors of antiques and salvage items.  (The resale store next door has lots of "stuff" that we checked out also.)  I found the two cutest hand embroidered pillowcases for $3.  I already washed them in Oxyclean and put them on my spare guest bed.  They match the quilt that is on the bed.  Love it! 

You never know what treasures you will find unless you stop.  I'm glad that we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment