Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mukwonago Flea Market

Today was a lovely day to visit the Mukwonago Flea Market in Wisconsin.  Not too hot or sunny.  Just perfect for walking around.  Of course, we ate soooo many deep fried cheese curds from the C.O.W.  A perfect day it was!

We did find some treasures.  I found mine while leaving.  They were $1 apiece.  I loved them on sight.  The price was right too.  I also found a neat metal piece that I was going to use in my garden for $5.  Last year, I found a great glass piece at a rummage sale for $2 and didn't have anything to use on top of it that would cover the hole in it.  I just had to wait for the perfect item to show up.  It did today.  The piece looks like a flower and I just turned it upside down and it was exactly what I was looking for.  Sometimes things just fall into place if you wait long enough.

I walked around my yard looking for the right place to sit it.  Right now it is on top of a weathered bistro table.  I like the look.  While looking around my yard, I took pictures of other areas that I love.  I will share them soon.

The kids and I went to two church rummage sales on Friday and found some treasures at both.  I bought lots of vintage jewerly for 25 cents to $2.  We also had lots of fun talking to our rummage sale friends.  We followed each other to the sales.  I stopped at an estate sale leftover sale and found a nice train watercolor painting for my father in law for father's day. 

Thursday is the St Mary's/Montini church rummage sale on Route 31 in McHenry.  I love this sale!  The kids and I are helping to set it up this week.  I can't wait to get my sneak peak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment