Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Book Sale Plus More

The Cary Library book sale was a good sale again.  I was only a little disappointed that I didn't find more knitting books.  I think I bought them out at the last sale.  We did find a lot of Pokemon books and comic books.  The kids were happy.  Kids books were only 25 cents each so they bought whatever they wanted.  I did manage to find a few gardening books.  The library was packed with bargain hunters.

I managed to go to an estate sale in Cary after I took the kids to Pokemon.  I found an aluminum tray with a pinecone pattern on it from Everlast.  It was $5.  The tray was in very good condition.  After I picked them up from Pokemon, we stopped at a yard sale that was a few blocks down the street.  Ethan has been looking for the Men in Black 2 DVD and guess what?  We found it there for $1.  We also found the Incredible Hulk movies (with Bill Bixby) and a few other DVD's for $1 each.  We also found a Luke Skywalker large action figure for 50 cents.  It happened to be a good sale.  You never know what you will find unless you stop.  I always tell the kids that if there is something that you want to buy, just to be patient and we will find it sooner or later at a sale for much less.  Just like with the Men in Black 2 DVD.

Yesterday, I bought some Xbox 360 video games for $1 each.  I knew that we had the one, but for $1, I couldn't resist.  So today, we went to Gamestop to preorder a video game coming out on Tuesday, and they gave us $21 for that game to be used towards the one that we are preordering.  Ethan was so excited.  Not bad for $1.  Those kinds of finds make my day. 

I am really looking forward to the Elkhorn Flea Market tomorrow.  Hope you can make it there also.  You will have a really good time and will leave with a full trunk.  Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment