Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gardening

I spent a good part of yesterday planting my tomato and pepper plants.  The kohlrabi and swiss chard are starting to take off and I harvested all of the lettuce.  We used the lettuce in our tacos at dinner.  Once again, I rearranged some of my garden art.  I'm sure I will do that numerous times this summer.

We saw twin fawns this morning in the woods.  They had to have been born in the early part of the morning since they were still "wet" and couldn't really stand.  Momma doe was close by, but she was resting.   It was so beautiful to see up close.  We see twins about every other year.  I can't wait to see them when they are playing and jumping in my yard.  It is a really magical experience to see them up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment