Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vera Neumann Scarfs

I stopped at the Goodwill in McHenry yesterday.  Lately, they haven't had a lot of items.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the store overflowing with items.  It seems that they have gotten a lot of donations, even some estate sales have donated items.  I found a miniature green lady figure for 49 cents and 3 Vera Neumann scarfs for $1.99 each.  I love finding Vera items. I usually look for her tablecloths or napkins.  They will have her name, Vera, on it followed by a ladybug.  I haven't looked for her scarfs, but found these 3 while just walking past the rack holding them.  I caught her name out of the corner of my eye.  It was a nice surprise!    The company is no longer in business.  Her designs are usually bright and eye catching.

I worked on getting the bed in my guest room ready for the summer weather.  I found a chenille hand embroidered coverlet at a garage sale a few years back for $3, and finally put it on the bed.  I always use hand embroidered pillowcases on the bed that I change with the seasons.  The 2 pillows on the bed, I made with vintage fabric and one is from an old chenille bedspread that had holes in it.  I made the bedskirt many years ago using a flat sheet and then sewed on vintage handkerchiefs.  It turned out nicely and it's a great way to display my handkerchief collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment