Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fun Day of Treasure Hunting

Today was so much fun.  There were quite a few garage sales in McHenry, Crystal Lake and Woodstock that I stopped at.  I found 3 great concrete planters and a black wrought iron beverage cart for a total of $30.  I was so excited since I have been wanting a beverage cart for a long time now.  It is a nice one and I already have many uses for it in mind.  I also went to the neighborhood sale in Crystal Lake by the lake.  I found some great vintage/some not vintage jewelry pieces at 2 different sales.  They were priced from $2-$5.  I just love finding jewelry.  It made my day!   I also found a concrete frog planter ($3) for the garden.

The kids and I stopped at the Grace Lutheran church rummage sale in Woodstock an hour after the sale started.  They were pretty cleaned out, but we managed to find a few things.  I found 3 vintage linen/doily pieces (the smaller pieces were 10 cents each and the larger one was $1),  a wonderful large seashell filled with unique shells for $2, 2 books, a Pokemon stuffed animal and in the FREE box, a troll doll.  Another addition to my mother's collection.  I just couldn't pass up a FREE item.  So, even though you may get to a rummage sale a little late, you can always find a treasure.  I seem to. 

Tomorrow I will be getting to the Christian Fellowship sale a little late, but I'm not worried.  I'm sure I will find a treasure.  Caring Traditions is having 2 estate sales tomorrow.  One is in McHenry and the other is in Lakewood.  Not to mention that there are a lot of garage sales and neighborhood sales.  Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment