Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Garbage Picking

The town of McHenry started their curbside garbage throw out days.  I don't know how long it goes on for.  But, I was riding around today, as were others, looking for stuff.  I found 3 windows in good condition.  I am saving them for when I finally build my garden shed.  I also found a framed cork board bulletin board. It is in great condition with brown paper on the back and the hangers.  I have been wanting to make one, but now I don't have to.  I can't wait to see what else I will find this week.  The best part is that it is FREE!

I stopped at the Goodwill in McHenry and found 3 Tazmanian Devil drinking glasses for 99 cents each and a made in Japan bowl for $1.99.  I will be giving the glasses to my father who collects Tazmanian Devil things.

Friday is the Christian Fellowship Church rummage sale on Walkup in Crystal Lake.  It starts at 8am.  On Saturday is the Cary Library Book sale at 9am.  This is a really good book sale. 

Happy garbage picking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment