Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Busy Day

I have not been to Interiors Anew in Woodstock for a few weeks now.  I usually like to visit the store once a week.  So, today was my day to go.  I found 2 sterling silver bracelets.  The cuff bracelet with purple stone was $10 and the other bracelet is chunky with brown stones on it.  It was $2.  When I got it home, I saw that it was marked Made in Mexico and Sterling on the clasp.  What a good find!  I knew that it was marked, but without my glasses I couldn't read it.  It was exciting to find out later that it was silver for only $2.  See, you never know what you will find.  Later in the afternoon, I went to the Sparrows Nest in McHenry and found a brand new pair of Liz Clairborne blue/ivory patent leather sandals for $8.  Never worn!  Another good deal of the day.

I spent a few hours yesterday and today working outside cutting the lawn and starting to plant my planters.  I moved some things around and the yard is looking cuter and cuter.  I put the green wrought iron telephone stand under one of the trees in my back yard with a flower container in the seat.  It looks great there.  I also found a spot for the $2 gazing ball on a stand.  I used the free concrete block to plant some hen and chicks that my cousin Barb gave to me.  I also started to bring out some houseplants and stands to dress up the driveway hill.  I still have more work to do on the area (like lots of weeding), but it's coming along really nicely.  I especially like to see the turtles and frogs peaking out from the grass or flower areas.  I really like looking outside now.  Garden art really helps to make the garden more unique and pretty.  I'm always on the lookout for items to use in the garden.  I also brought out a vintage soda fountain chair and put a flower container on it. The chair is white and the container is blue and it really looks great in my front yard.  I have it on top of the opening for the water well so that you just don't look at a concrete slab.  I started harvesting the lettuce yesterday.  It made for a tasty salad.  I always love the first harvest of the season. 

Friday is a church rummage sale in Ridgefield at 9am.  I haven't been to a sale there before.  I'm really looking foward to that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment