Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday Sales

I love Thursdays!  It starts my garage sale weekend.  I live for Thursdays.  Except that today didn't have many sales.  I stopped at a few sales in McHenry and only found a metal stand for $3 and a rhinestone bracelet for $1 at one of the sales.  I use the metal stands in my bathrooms for storage.  The bathrooms have pedestal sinks and have nowhere to hide toilet paper etc.  So, I use the stands for storage.  I spray paint them white to blend in.  I really like the stands.  This stand I may use in the garden though.  I have a few of them in the garden where metal bugs are on them.

I went to a sale in Lakewood that was supposed to be a neighborhood sale and only 1 house had opened today.  I found a garden metal face for 25 cents.  At least my drive was not for nothing.  On the way home, I stopped in Ridgefield where the stores were having their garden sale weekend.  I saw my friend Chris who sells at the store. I bought a frog ornament for the garden for $6.  It is really cute.  Tomorrow I have to weed the area where I want to put it.  I stopped at a garage sale in Crystal Lake and found the kids Simpson comic books for 50 cents each and a few older Gameboy games for $2 each.  All good buys that they really liked.  She also had a really cute baby vintage flea market book for $1.  The authors were Jersey girls like me now living in IL.  Pretty ironic.

Everyone is talking about the church sale in Ridgefield tomorrow.  I'm really excited about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment