Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Savers Thrift Store in Crystal Lake

Well, we were bored this afternoon.  After flea marketing and garage saleing all weekend, we needed something to do.  So, we all went to Savers since they were having a 50% off sale on clothes and accessories.  Only Caldwell bought some clothes.  He bought 3 silk hawaiian like shirts for $9.  Pretty good price. 

I found 2 Wilton aluminum platters.  One has a grape pattern for $5 and the other is a smaller tray for $4.  I also found an Everlast candy dish for $4.  The lid has a fruit pattern on it and the handle is a pear.  The glass dish is extremely heavy with 3 sections.  I also found a sea shell box for $2 that has a fish and seaside scene in the front lid and a blue checked fabric piece for 50 cents.  Austin found 2 Transformers toys for $7 each.  He said the one was at the Cedarburg flea market yesterday for $25.  Ethan only found a Pokemon video for 50 cents. 

It was a lot of fun.  It was crowded with long lines to use the fitting rooms. The kids saw Savannah and Jordan from school.  It's always so much more fun when you see people you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment